Ticker Factory weight loss ticker

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One month postop and feeling great :)





I can hardly believe it's been exactly one month since surgery, nor can I believe how fast this year flew by.  I don't know what happened, but it's suddenly December 1, 2010!!  

I am feeling great and eating a full diet now, basically whatever I choose.  So far, so good.  As of this morning, I am down 31 pounds since surgery and feeling pretty good about that.  I have a ton to go, but I'm not in a hurry.  I'm still having some difficulty getting in all the protein and remembering all the vitamins, but I'm doing the best I can.  I go for my first lab test in about 3 weeks, so that will be the real measuring stick.  I have read and heard the horror stories of people who don't take their vitamins or get in their protein and I don't want to be one of them.  Some malabsorption cannot be avoided; it's simply the nature of the beast.  I just have to do my best to be sure I don't end up on the "bad" side of this particular beast.

Another thing I can hardly believe...it's all becoming real to me that my baby will start college next fall.  I couldn't be more thrilled that he's going to my alma mater, I just cannot believe he's that old.  Where has the time gone??  He's retaking the ACT next Saturday, trying to achieve a 33 or 34 so that he can up the scholarships (hopefully).  Then we begin filling out FAFSA, grant and scholarship applications, making housing decisions, et cetera ad nauseam.  And we haven't even done his senior pictures yet.  Yikes.  But one thing I know for certain.  I will be at the doors to the Mabee Center at 5 p.m. on the day he graduates.  I don't need to learn that lesson twice!  The only way to get a seat so that you can actually see your child without binoculars is to get there when the doors open and make a mad run for it.  I'm ready!!!  Just not ready for him to graduate...

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment