Ticker Factory weight loss ticker

Monday, October 24, 2011

GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!!!

Today is the day!  I have officially reached the goal weight that I set for myself when I decided to have RNY.  It took almost one year (359 days, to be exact), but that time has flown by and it seems like I was just being rolled into surgery a few weeks ago.  But, as we all know, this really is not the finish line for me.  It's more like the beginning of a finish line that goes on for the rest of my days.  I have heard of many, many people who regain their weight after WLS and I am, of course, going to do my best not to be one of those people.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

So I am posting a pic I took this morning, just to mark the occasion of reaching my goal, but this is not my official "after" picture.  I am employing the services of my daughter, the professional photographer, to have a real photo shoot and do the thing right.  I have shied away from pictures for the last 20 years and I decided, when I reached goal, that I would have a real photo taken to mark the occasion.  I am going to dress up and actually put on make-up (gasp!!) and enjoy myself.  I always think that having pictures of oneself kind of makes one seem a bit vain, but I am willing to be considered vain this once.  So here is the reached-goal-weight-but-still-using-powder-room-for-photos-because-we-don't-own-a-full-length-mirror shot.  Oh, and dontcha like the new t-shirt John made me for my birthday?  (and yes, there is a 99% chance that you will see my car in some of my official goal photos) :)

Thanks so much again to all of you who have read this blog and sent me encouraging notes along the way.  It meant more to me than you probably know.  I feel so blessed to know so many truly decent, kind people, and to be able to call them friends, well, it's just an embarrassment of riches. :)


~k

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new life!!!! Was unable to read the writing on your shirt...what does it say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It says Camaro Girl :)

    ReplyDelete